Department of Biology,
Hong Kong Baptist University,
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon.
Supervisor: Dr. QIU Jianwen
|2012 – Present||Ph.D. Student, Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University|
|2008 – 2012||Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology, College of Marine Life Science, Ocean University of China|
|The apple snail (Pomacea canaliculata) is an invasive species native to South America, but is now widely distributed in Asia. This snail exhibits strong resistance to extreme environmental stressors such as heat and hypoxia, which is believed to be one of the reasons why it is one of the worst invasive species. To understand the molecular mechanisms of adaptation to such environmental stressors, predict the impact of environmental changes on the distribution of a species, and discover the evolutionary course of stress tolerance, we are attempting to use physiological and proteomic techniques to study the adaptations of apple snails to environmental stresses.|
- Mu H, Sun J, Fang L, et al. Genetic basis of differential heat resistance between two species of congeneric freshwater snails: Insights from quantitative proteomics and base substitution rate analysis. Journal of proteome research, 2015, 14(10): 4296-4308.
- Zhang Y, Mu H, Lau S C K, et al. Sperm proteome of Mytilus galloprovincialis: Insights into the evolution of fertilization proteins in marine mussel. Proteomics, 2015, 15(23-24): 4175-4179.
- Zhang Y, Sun J, Mu H, et al. Proteomic basis of stress responses in the gills of the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas. Journal of proteome research, 2014, 14(1): 304-317.
- Sun J, Mu H, Zhang H, et al. Understanding the regulation of estivation in a freshwater snail through iTRAQ-based comparative proteomics. Journal of proteome research, 2013, 12(11): 5271-5280.
CONFERENCE AND SYMPOSIUM PRESENTATIONS
- 2015 August, oral presentation, Gordon Research Conference-Marine Molecular Ecology, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
- 2014 November, oral presentation, the first symposium of freshwater ecology committee of China, Jinan University, Guangzhou, China
- 2014 July, oral presentation, XI International Symposium on Littorinid Biology and Evolution, HKU, Hong Kong, China
- 2013 October, oral presentation, Academic Exchange on Pearl River Estuarine and Coastal Environmental Pollution, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China
- 2013 August, poster presentation, Gordon Research Conference-Marine Molecular Ecology, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
- 2013 July, Attending the 7th Advanced Training on Proteomics Technology and Applications, the Chinese Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (CSBMB) and Beijing Proteome Research Center (BPRC), China
- 2012 December, Attending the Training Course on Transcriptomics, BGI College of Shenzhen, China