Postdoctoral Fellow (Immunology)
Our lab is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to conduct research in immune-related mechanisms underlying neurodegenerative diseases.
The postdoc should work independently with the research assistant and graduate student lead and conduct the research, report findings, assist with the maintenance of the lab, with the opportunities to apply eligible grants. Applicants should possess a PhD in related disciplines with prior experiences in primary cell culture, mice handling, qPCR, ELISA, and immunofluorescence microscopy. Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese is essential. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Funding for a 2-year appointment can be expected with reappointment available. Applicant should be able to commence duty as soon as possible.
Interested applicants can contact Dr Allen Cheung via email email@example.com for further details or enquiries.
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Novel immunological protein Δ42PD1 and its role in inflammatory diseases
- Human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) latent infection in CD34+ stem cells and associated diseases
- 2016-2018, HMRF, Characterising the role of a novel PD1 isoform expressed on gamma-delta T cells in HIV-1 infection.
- 2014-2016, HMRF, Transfer of HIV-1 from latently infected CD34+ hematopoietic progenitors to CD4+ T cells.
- 2013-2015, HMRF, Human cytomegalovirus and human immunodeficiency virus type 1 co-infection of CD34+ myeloid progenitor cells.
- 2013-2015, HMRF, Novel Secretory immunoadhesins for HIV prevention.
- 2014-2016, HMRF, Role of human cytomegalovirus-triggered immune response in graft injury after living donor liver transplantation.
- 2014-2017, RGC-CRF, Mechanism of potentiating HIV antigen-specific CD8+ T cells.
- 2015-2017, RGC-GRF, Role of a newly identified PD-1 isoform in modulating immune responses
- 2015-2017, HMRF, Role of Δ42PD1 in HIV Infection.
- 2015-2017, HMRF, Role of PD1-Based Vaccine-Elicited CD8+ T Lymphocytes in Modulating MDSC-associated Immunosuppression.
- Chen M, Ma Y, Chen H, Dai J, Dong L, Yang C, Li Y, Luo H, Zhang R, Jin X, Yang L, Cheung AKL, Jia M, Song Z. HIV-1 genetic transmission networks among men who have sex with men in Kunming, China. PLoS One. 2018 Apr 26;13(4):e0196548. (IF=2.766)
- Cheung A.K., Kwok H., Huang Y., Chen M., Mo Y., Kong H., Lau T.C.K., Wu X., Lam K., Zhou J., Li J., Cheng L., Lee B.K., Peng Q., Lu X., An M., Hui W., Shan H., Zhou B., Wu H., Xu A., Yuen K.Y., Chen Z. Gut-homing Δ42PD1+Vδ2 T cells promote innate mucosal damage via TLR4 during acute HIV-1 infection. Nature Microbiology 2017 Oct;2(10):1389-1402. Epub 2017 Aug 14. (IF=14.174)
- Cheung A.K., Huang Y., Kwok H.Y., Chen M., Chen Z. Latent human cytomegalovirus enhances HIV-1 infection in CD34+ progenitor cells. Blood Advances 2017, 1(5):306-318. (IF=N/A)
- Wu X., Liu L., Cheung K., Wang H., Lu X., Cheung A.K., Liu W., Huang X., Li Y., Chen Z.W., Chen S.M.Y., Zhang T., Wu H., Chen Z. Brain invasion by CD4+ T cells infected with a transmitted/founder HIV-1BJZS7 during acute stage in humanized mice. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 2016, 11(3):572-83. (IF=3.664)
- Cheng L., Tang X., Liu L., Peng J., Nishiura K, Cheung A.K., Guo J., Wu X., Hang Y.T., An M., Zhou J., Cheung K.W., Wang H., Guan X., Wu Z., Chen Z. Monoclonal antibodies specific to human Δ42PD1: a novel immunoregulator potentially involved in HIV-1 and tumor pathogenesis. mAbs 2015, 7(3):620-9. (IF=5.165)
- Tan Z., Zhou J., Cheung A.K., Yu Z., Cheung K.W., Liang J., Wang H., Lee, B.K., Man K., Liu L., Yuen, K.Y., Chen, Z. Vaccine-Elicited CD8+ T Cells Cure Mesothelioma by Overcoming Tumor-Induced Immunosuppressive Environment. Cancer Res. 2014, 74(21):6010-21. (IF=9.130)
- *Zhou J., *Cheung A.K., *Liu H. (*equal contribution), Tan Z., Tang X., Kang Y., Du Y., Wang H., Liu L., Chen Z. Potentiating functional antigen-specific CD8+ T cell immunity by a novel PD1 isoform-based fusion DNA vaccine. Molecular Therapy. 2013, 21(7):1445-55. (IF=7.008)
- Zhou J., Cheung A.K., Tan Z., Wang H., Yu W., Du Y., Kang Y., Lu X., Li L., Yuen K.Y., Chen Z. PD1-based vaccine amplifies HIV-1 CD8+ T cells in mice. J Clin Invest. 2013, 123(6):2629-42. (IF=13.251)
- Kang Y., Wu Z., Lau T.C., Lu X., Liu L., Cheung A.K., Tan Z, Ng J, Liang J, Wang H, Li SK, Zheng B, Li B, Chen L, Chen Z. CCR5 antagonist TD-0680 uses a novel mechanism for enhanced potency against HIV-1 entry, cell-mediated infection and a resistant variant. J Biol Chem. 2012, 287(20):16499-509. (IF=4.010)
- Avdic S., Cao J.Z., Cheung A.K., Abendroth A., Slobedman B. Viral IL-10 expressed by human cytomegalovirus during the latent phase of infection modulates latently infected myeloid cell differentiation. J Virol 2011, 85:14:7465-7471. (IF=4.368)
- Slobedman B, Cao JZ, Avdic S, Webster B, McAllery S, Cheung AK, Tan JC, Abendroth A. Human cytomegalovirus latent infection and associated viral gene expression. Future Microbiol. 2010, 5(6):883-900. (IF=3.190)
- Cheung A.K., Gottlieb D.J., Plachter B., Pepperl-Klindworth S., Avdic S., Cunningham A.L., Abendroth A., Slobedman, B. The role of the human cytomegalovirus UL111A gene in down-regulating CD4+ T-cell recognition of latently infected cells: implications for virus elimination during latency. Blood 2009, 114:4128-4137. (IF=15.132)
- Slobedman S., Cheung A.K. Microarrays for the study of viral gene expression during human cytomegalovirus latent infection. In: Methods Mol Med 2008, 141:153-75.
- Cheung A.K., Abendroth A., Cunningham A.L., Slobedman B. Viral gene expression during the establishment of human cytomegalovirus latent infection of myeloid progenitor cells. Blood 2006, 108:3691-9. (IF=15.132)
Office: RRS 833
Office Tel: (+852) 3411 7745