|CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Ginseng pharmacology
- Nuclear receptor signaling
- DNA microarray technology
- Authentication of Chinese medicine by DNA fingerprinting
- RGC/UGC*(HKBU/2171/03M), (with Prof. K.K.C. Chan, Dr. N.K. Mak and Dr. D.T.P. Fan, Cambridge University)
Title: The angio-modulatory activities of Ginsenoside (Rg1)
- Strategic FRG/HKBU* (FSRS/05-06/01) (with Prof. N.H. Cheung, Prof. N.K. Mak and Dr. Y.K. Cheng)
Title: Ginsenosides as functional ligands of nuclear hormone receptor
- RGC/UGC*, (with Dr. D.T.P. Fan (Cambridge) and Dr. Y.K. Cheng)
Title: The anti-angiogenic mechanism of ginsenoside-Rg3 and its related metabolities
- RGC Group Research/UGC* (HKBU 1/06C)
Title: Ginsenosides as Functional Ligands of Steroid Hormone
Receptors: from Regand-receptor Interactions to Cellular Homeostasis
- Kwok HH, Poon PY, Fok SP, Ying-Kit Yue P, Mak NK, Chan MC, Peiris JS, Wong RN. Anti-inflammatory effects of indirubin derivatives on influenza A virus-infected human pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells. Sci Rep. 2016 Jan 6;6:18941.
- Wong KL, Lai YM, Li KW, Lee KF, Ng TB, Cheung HP, Zhang YB, Lao L, Wong RN, Shaw PC, Wong JH, Zhang ZJ, Lam JK, Wencai YE, Sze SC. A Novel, Stable, Estradiol-Stimulating, Osteogenic Yam Protein with Potential for the Treatment of Menopausal Syndrome. Sci Rep. 2015 Jul 10;5:10179.
- Kwok HH, Chan LS, Poon PY, Yue PY, Wong RN. Ginsenoside-Rg1 induces angiogenesis by the inverse regulation of MET tyrosine kinase receptor expression through miR-23a. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015 Sep 15;287(3):276-83.
- Chan KC, Chan LS, Ip JC, Lo C, Yip TT, Ngan RK, Wong RN, Lo KW, Ng WT, Lee AW, Tsao GS, Kahn M, Lung ML, Mak NK. Therapeutic targeting of CBP/β-catenin signaling reduces cancer stem-like population and synergistically suppresses growth of EBV-positive nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells with cisplatin. Sci Rep. 2015 Apr 21;5:9979.
- Ho SL, Chan HM, Ha AW, Wong RN, Li HW. Direct quantification of circulating miRNAs in different stages of nasopharyngeal cancerous serum samples in single molecule level with total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy. Anal Chem. 2014 Oct 7;86(19):9880-6.
- Wong KL, Wong RN, Zhang L, Liu WK, Ng TB, Shaw PC, Kwok PC, Lai YM, Zhang ZJ, Zhang Y, Tong Y, Cheung HP, Lu J, Sze SC. Bioactive proteins and peptides isolated from Chinese medicines with pharmaceutical potential. Chin Med. 2014 Jul 19;9:19.
- Wang L, Lu AP, Yu ZL, Wong RN, Bian ZX, Kwok HH, Yue PY, Zhou LM, Chen H, Xu M, Yang Z. The melanogenesis-inhibitory effect and the percutaneous formulation of ginsenoside Rb1. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2014 Oct;15(5):1252-62.
- Chu JM, Lee DK, Wong DP, Wong RN, Yung KK, Cheng CH, Yue KK. Ginsenosides attenuate methylglyoxal-induced impairment of insulin signaling and subsequent apoptosis in primary astrocytes. Neuropharmacology. 2014 Oct;85:215-23.
- Ho SL, Chan HM, Wong RN, Li HW. Self-assembling protein platform for direct quantification of circulating microRNAs in serum with total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy. Anal Chim Acta. 2014 May 1;823:61-8.
- Mok CK, Kang SS, Chan RW, Yue PY, Mak NK, Poon LL, Wong RN, Peiris JS, Chan MC. Anti-inflammatory and antiviral effects of indirubin derivatives in influenza A (H5N1) virus infected primary human peripheral blood-derived macrophages and alveolar epithelial cells. Antiviral Res. 2014 Jun;106:95-104.
- Law CK, Kwok HH, Poon PY, Lau CC, Jiang ZH, Tai WC, Hsiao WW, Mak NK, Yue PY, Wong RN. Ginsenoside compound K induces apoptosis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells via activation of apoptosis-inducing factor. Chin Med. 2014 Apr 2;9(1):11.
Office Tel: (+852) 3411 7057